Still on Vacation

by on July 6, 2009 · 15 comments

Hi Everyone,

We’re still in The Big Apple and I’m approving comments and responding to emails from the hotel bar. It’s tough blogging about cookies without a kitchen, but I’ll be back with more recipes soon. Hint: The Good Housekeeping with Jonas Brothers on the front has some good looking recipes. I can’t remember what they are at the moment, but they were good enough to make me stuff the magazine in my bag to save.

So far, the weather has been gorgeous and we’ve enjoyed being in the outdoors. If you ever get the chance, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge on a sunny day. Oh, and try Gramercy Tavern…the tavern part, if not the dining room. We ate there last night and the food was excellent – maybe the best I’ve had in months. Tomorrow = compost cookie.

Adios for now.

Published on July 6, 2009

clumbsycookie July 6, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Keep enjoying the vacation Anna! We’ll be looking forward for pictures :)!

HeartofGlass July 6, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Are you going to Milk Bar? I haven’t had a chance to try it, but I’m really tempted by the Crack Pie they have there…

Katrina July 6, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Ahhh, sigh, NYC! And to think, I have/had a chance to go there in August with my husband, but I’ve chosen not to. Don’t worry, I’ve given him instructions on places to go get me things! ;) Continue on, we’ll “see you” when you get back!

melissa July 6, 2009 at 6:54 pm

It was great seeing you guys today! Thanks for coming all the way out to Brooklyn again. Jamie had such a good time with Fuzz. :)
Hope your dinner tonight doesn’t disappoint!

AJ July 6, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Whoopie Pie cake?! Yum! Brings back some great New England memories. Safe travels, Anna and brood.

Karen July 6, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to hearing about the compost cookie and other delights you try at NYC’s finest bake shops. My brother’s wedding was at Gramercy Tavern in October, 1999! It was one of the very best meals ever!

beth July 7, 2009 at 5:38 am

Anna,

Aah Milk Bar. We were in the city and
just had the compost cookies and the cornflake cookies over the weekend. Oh yeah, the Dulche de Leche cake and the Candybar pie too. We shared! I don’t know if you eat meat, but the pork buns are sooo good. Perfect combo of flavors and textures. Funny thing is my kids weren’t crazy about the cookies but wanted seconds on the pork buns! Enjoy your visit. There’s a restaurant called Sweetie Pie, not far from Magnolia Bakery, I know Fuzz would love it. Enjoy.
Beth

janet July 7, 2009 at 6:23 am

Hey You, World Traveler! Have a terrific time and I bet the weather is much cooler than the South, eh? Looking forward to whatever you decide to tempt us with when you get back…safe trip!!

Kimberly July 7, 2009 at 7:25 am

Gramercy Tavern was so good as was the Union Square Cafe, so check that out during one of your jaunts to NYC if you haven’t already!

Maggi July 7, 2009 at 9:08 am

Oh! Oh! You made it to Momofuku!!! Excellent! Can’t wait to hear your take on it!

Stash July 7, 2009 at 11:33 am

You missed all the rain we’ve been having.

I’d be interested in hearing your impression of Momofuku myself. ;) Definitely not for the timid.

Louise July 7, 2009 at 12:44 pm

How far are you from Two Little Red Hens? They have the coolest frosty cookies!!!!

Have Fun, Anna!!!

Therese B. July 7, 2009 at 2:15 pm

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!

My sister is going to Italy in a few weeks!

Do you have any advice? I think you have

gone right?

Well, have a GREAT time!! You deserve it
you little cookie madness girl!

Sue July 7, 2009 at 6:09 pm

It sounds like you’re having a great time! Can’t wait to hear more about your culinary adventures!

Susan July 9, 2009 at 4:54 pm

NYC is truly the MOST exciting place ! I’d love to do a bakery tour there!! Is there such a thing?! And love that Brooklyn Bridge.See my post http://thecookiescoop.blogspot.com/2009/07/nyc-and-fancy-food-showbobby-flay.html