Garfield Cake!

Fuzz turns 8 tomorrow. In the past, we held off celebrating until after school began, but this year Fuzz insisted on having her party the real day of her birthday, and she knew what she wanted – a home party with a magician. She also wanted the theme to be “Garfield” so it’s a double themed birthday of Garfield and Magic. This meant we had to make goodie bags and invitations ourselves.

garfield invitations

The cake was a different story. I wish I could say I made it, but credit goes to Christina Hernandez at Sentelli’s. I called her and said I wanted a “Garfield and Magic” themed cake and this is what we got. So honestly, I have no mom-guilt about not making the birthday cake this year. Not one bit. I’ll let you know how it tastes tomorrow.

garfield cake

Comments

1. HeartofGlass says

I am floored! It is gorgeous!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear Emma!

Garfield will save some lasagna for you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you

You cast smart spells like Hermione

And are best friends with Shamu!

2. Louise says

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA.

What a great cake. You won’t want to cut into that one. What flavor is it?

That cake is adorable. No matter how it tastes it will contribute to a special day. You absolutely should not have any Mom guilt!!! Have a GREAT time, and Happy Birthday to Fuzz!!

4. Anonymous says

Hope your daughter has a great birthday! I miss the days of being a kid and making invitations and having a themed cake..garfield is a great choice : )

5. CynthiaR says

I just missed you at Sentelli’s! I picked up a slice of each cake in the case for my husband. We are celebrating back to school! Have a great Happy Birthday weekend celebrating! The Garfield Cake looks great!

6. hulagirl247 says

誕生日おめでとうのけば!!!!!

(happy birthday fuzz!!!!!)

wow! what a special cake! i hope you have a fantastic time on your birthday and that the party
    is a great success!

best wishes to you!!!!!!

hula & her kitties kimochi megan(kimi) and kokoro dede (koko)

Wow, what a fun party and awesome cake. When my little sister (the youngest) was about 5 (I’m 9 years older), my mom didn’t want to do birthday parties anymore, so my friends and I put on a “magic show” for my sister’s birthday. Everyone loved our cheesy magic. What a really fun idea Fuzz had for her birthday. Hope it’s great!

It’s amazing what they can do with cakes these days. I love the goodie bags you made. She’ll have a wonderful day. Happy Birthday, Fuzz.

9. Suzy says

My daughter’s 5th birthday is Sunday, and for her party this past week I made the Barbie with the big cake skirt. I can certainly hope for a remission of mom-guilt in later years, as this cake kept me up at night before it was done. I had nightmares of dropping it after all the work. It was a big hit though. Whew!

10. pam shank says

Everything looks great. Good job on the inviations. That cake leaves me speechless. You should never feel guilty about buying a cake with all that you do! Happy Birthday ,Fuzz.

Happy Birthday fellow August Birthday girl! I think it’s awesome she is into Garflield. I was too when I was her age (many many moons ago)! Good to see somethings never change.