Hello New Readers, Old Readers and Commenters!

by on August 18, 2009 · 13 comments

It’s been a little crazy around here. Fuzz is recovering from stomach flu, we’re prepping for a big birthday party bash on Saturday and there’s the usual back to school madness. I’ve been dealing with the stress by baking multiple lemon meringue pies. Unfortunately, I’ve been monkeying around with the same one or two recipes, and only have one that is fit to post at this point. Will do that later. I’m also making some peanut butter chocolate chunk brownies, because lemon meringue won’t help a chocolate craving. Will post those later as well.

For now, I just wanted to give a big thanks to all the new readers and commenters. A lot of people commented over the weekend and I read each and every one of them. I appreciate your feedback and even if I don’t reply with a “Hey, thanks for posting!” or “Yeah, I like that recipe too!” please know that I did read your comment and appreciate them. If you have a specific question and I didn’t address it in the comments and you need to know, don’t hesitate to email me. Thanks!

Published on August 18, 2009

HeartofGlass August 18, 2009 at 9:05 am

I’m sure readers new and old are looking forward to the big birthday bash photos–dare I ask what is on the menu or planned for the showpiece cake?

VeggieGirl August 18, 2009 at 10:08 am

Hang in there with everything, Anna!!

AJ August 18, 2009 at 10:14 am

Really looking forward to the peanut butter chocolate chunk brownies! Have a wonderful birthday bash this weekend!!

Katrina August 18, 2009 at 10:34 am

Happy birthday planning. Glad she’s feeling better! Are you all meringued out? Next week’s TWD is lime meringue pie. (I may just leave the meringue off.) ;)
And for the record, I love commeting on your blog. Oh, yeah, you probably already knew that! ;)

T. Martin August 18, 2009 at 10:36 am

Feel better Fuzz!

dawn August 18, 2009 at 11:23 am

good luck girl!! you sound busssssy

Sue August 18, 2009 at 11:38 am

Hi Anna!
Sometimes I wish life had come with a set of brakes!! No doubt you’re feeling that way too. I hope Fuzz’s recovery is speedy, and I hope you’re able to have fun getting ready for the b’day bash.
I can’t wait to read about the Lemon Meringue Pie. It is something I always mean to try again, but based on lackluster results in the past I move on to other things. Maybe I’ll get brave and give it a try based on your results.

Rina August 18, 2009 at 11:47 am

Good luck with the birthday bash and all else, I can’t wait to see pictures! I’ve been stuck on blueberries (blueberry muffins, blueberry boy bait, blueberry crumb bars, blueberry jam, and a blueberry buckle) and really need to move on. =)

Kathie August 18, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Good Luck with the Birthday Bash and speedy recovery to Fuzz. Thank you for all you do…you are teaching me to bake and are a wonderful instructor!

Suzy August 19, 2009 at 9:52 am

I feel your pain. My daughter’s 5th birthday is Sunday, but her party is tonight. I’m in the midst of decorating a Barbie cake (the kind where the skirt is the cake). It’s going okay, but I just hope it holds up on the car ride to Chuck E Cheese! :)

Jennifer August 19, 2009 at 9:53 am

Hi Anna! I am another new reader, hi! Fantastic blog! I absolutely love lemon meringue pie but every time I attempt to bake it, it is a disaster. I have had such great luck with all of your recipes I have tried, though so I look forward to hearing about your experiments! Cheers!

LilSis August 19, 2009 at 10:47 am

Hi Anna,
Good luck with everything! I hope you have a great birthday bash! My son has a birthday next weekend and he hasn’t yet made up his mind as to what he wants to do. Our school starts here on the 27th and I’m just hoping that things settle down a little after that!

Of course, we may have to wait til after Labor Day for the dust to settle. I’m sure we’ll be having a big cookout that weekend.

Tanis August 19, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Keep up the good work Anna…..I love your blog, and am also a new reader. I am AMAZED that you have time to bake, blog, run a web site and have a family too!!!!!! I am anxious to see your final lemon meringe pie perfection, no beads of water, no watery filling, etc. By the way, I am not sure where to find your email…could you email me with it PLEASE. I have technical questions on navigating your site. Thanks,
Tanis