Peach Recipe Round-Up

This morning’s dilemma? What to do with two peaches just past the peak of ripeness. I want to bake something delicious, but we’re short on ingredients.  Maybe my hour of surfing will help you.

two peaches

Mennonite Girls can Cook! Peach Custard Tart sounds incredible. Too bad I don’t own any tapioca today.

King Arthur’s Spiced Peach Muffins are feasible, but the seven year olds in the house won’t appreciate. Better to save the recipe for my mother.

What the heck? This Peaches and Cream Pie has close to 5 stars and 575 reviews. I’m curious what it tastes like, but there’s no pudding mix in the house.  Maybe that’s for the best.

Ack, another one!

My grandma would like this Peaches and Cream Bread Pudding, but she’s in heaven now.

If we had sour cream in this house, I’d be using it in thes Sour Cream Peach Bars.  I knew I should have bought sour cream.  Bummer.

Well, well, well, what have we here? Peach scones.  Fuzz is a scone-loving maniac, but she doesn’t care for cooked fruit.

What I really want to make is a good peach pie. This recipe sounds good, but two peaches won’t do it. Oh well, at least I found The Pie Maven.   She’s funny.

Comments

You shouldn’t need PUDDING for Peaches and Cream Pie! You just need CREAM! This one is my favorite–delicious and oh-so-simple!

Peaches and Cream Pie

3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
    2 cups sliced fresh or frozen (defrosted) peaches
    1 cup whipping (or heavy) cream

Mix sugar and flour together and sprinkle 1/3 of mixture into pie shell. Add peaches and sprinkle with the remaining sugar-flour mixture. Pour cream over top. Move peaches around a bit with a fork so that the cream completely covers the peaches.

Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Serve hot or cool on a rack (cold out of the fridge is great, too!). Yield 6 to 8 servings.

I had two peaches the other day and my husband and I ended up eating them fresh. I seriously considered making individual peach crisps with them and adding in the last of the frozen raspberries. No recipe, but you don’t really need one.

3. Anonymous says

This is exactly what I do when I have one ingredient to use. I end up spending six hours looking for a recipe for something when I could just have taken less time to go to the store and buy one of the ingredients for one of the recipes I initially found. You wouldn’t believe how frustrated I get. Most of the time, I end up not making anything that day because I’ve gotten to worked up during the search. I’m such a dork.

I just made pineapple upside down cake and was thinking I’d like to try it with peaches instead. Two would probably be the right amount for a small cake.

5. Martha in KS says

When I have a single apple to use up, I make an individual apple crisp with oatmeal topping & microwave it. You could do the same with the peaches.

Thanks for the shout-out! :)

When I don’t have enough fruit for a whole pie, I just make mini tarts or mini pies. A muffin pan works great for that. Just line the muffin cups with crust, then fill them until you run out of fruit. If you have leftover crust, you can leave them in the muffin pan to blind bake (take them out before they burn!) then freeze them, and you’ll have ready-to-go tart crust for next time.

Also, peaches mixed with a crumb topping (http:www.piemaven.com/diabetic_crust.htm) is absolutely divine over ice cream.

P.S. I love your site!!

7. Daniel says

Thanks for the digging. 2 years later this helped us figure out what to do with exactly two peaches.

~Daniel