M&M Recipe Round-Up

Did I ever mention that I loved M&Ms? Yes? Multiple times you say? Well, I’ll say it again. I get especially excited about M&Ms around Halloween, so expect to see a few more recipes in the next couple of weeks.  It’s going to take  a while to make all of them, but I started an M&M recipe round-up based on things you recommended.

M&M Recipe Round-Up

First up, the Chocolate M&M Cookie recipe from Michelle. You can’t go wrong with these, and using yellow and orange M&Ms would give you a Halloween themed cookie.

These scanned recipes are from Sue. She loved the Choco-dot Cookies, but didn’t care for the Chocolate Chipper Champs. I made the Chocolate Chip Champs last year and agree.

mmcookies

Katrina sent a link to Kara’s site, where Kara makes a fat little M&M cookie with peanut butter and oatmeal. Yum, these would be good with Reese’s Pieces too.

Sandie from Inn Cuisine made a bar cookie with Wheat Chex, Pretzels and M&Ms

And over at Joy of Baking, there’s a basic M&M cookie that might be better than the one I posted. I need to try it.

Another one high on my list is from Taste of Home – M&M Oat Bars. Those look really good.

And here’s an M&M bar I need to re-do. I used the old version of the recipe to make the bars in the picture, but the one on the M&M website is slightly different.  I think M&Ms might have updated it.

Old version (pictured)
Updated Version (MM)

Comments

That’s a fun list. I hadn’t put two and two together to really realize your love of M&Ms.

I have a feeling I’ll try some of those recipes sometime! M&M’s are one of my favorite. Dangerously, I’d rather have a popable kind of candy than a candy bar. ;) (My husband collects the yearly (holiday time) M&M dispensers, it’d take about 20 pounds of M&M’s to fill up all his dispensers!)

2. Meredith says

Funny — I just got my Martha Stewart Every Day Food in the mail today, and the back-page recipe is for Halloween M&M Blondies. Check it out!

Angie, thanks for the link. The slideshow crashed my computer just now, but I’ll try again. I’m assuming there’s an M&M cookie there.

Cindy, M&M has lots of recipes on their site. In fact, I just found another one that sounds good called Chocolate Graham Goodies. It calls for butter flavored shortening, though.

Some of them are a little strange. For instance, the chocolate marbled brownies call for fat free cream cheese.

4. Kara says

Thanks so much for linking to my M&M cookies! The other recipes look great too. I’ve been meaning to try those M&M oat bars for awhile now. Yum!

^Perhaps the fat free cream cheese isn’t as noticeable in the brownies?

Do you have a favorite M&M, Anna? I like the new dark chocolate, plain. I loved the peanut butter filled when they came out, but not so much the ‘crispy’ version.

Oh, and since everyone is sharing M&M/Smartie (British version) cookies, I found one with golden syrup on the web that looked simple and intriguing:

I tried the old version of your M&M bar cookies awhile ago–perhaps this Halloween I can do a smack-down of my own between old and new, if I don’t have too many kids coming ’round to my house for candy!

My kids loved the Choco Dot cookies, but I recall we weren’t wild about the Chocolate Chipper Champs. In 1998 at Christmas time we were super busy and I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to bake all the things I had baked in the past, so I had each of my kids make a list of their favorite cookies, counting on overlap in their lists. The Choco Dot cookies made the top five on both of their lists, ranking #3 for one, and #5 for the other. In 1998 they were 12 and 9 years old. I saved those lists, and smile every time I come across them.

So this morning, while suffering through Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred DVD, I suddenly had an all-encompassing craving for M&Ms–I could taste that sweet, sort of bizzarely chalky candy shell, the crack of the chocolate center, everything. Well, I made it through the workout, and feeling virtuous, I resisted buying M&Ms All. Day. Long. And then I come here. Damn you, Cookie Madness. Damn. You.

8. Sandie (Inn Cuisine) says

Thanks for including my Snack Mix Bars! On a list full of all things M&M’s is great place to be :)