Lizzie Pictures

I haven’t posted any in a while, so here’s a picture of Lizzie with her new friend, Chippie.

lizzie and chippie 1

Chippie is a stuffed chipmunk from Target. We bought it for Lizzie figuring she’d rip it up and try to break its neck like she does most stuffed animals — particluarly Fuzz’s. Instead, she gave us a sweet look then took Chippie and carried her around for the rest of the day. I think she sees Chippie as the puppy she never had. Sniff.

lizzie and chippie 2

Comments

1. Louise says

All summer long I’ve been trapping chipmunks in my flower beds and relocating them several miles away. I caught a total of 13 chipmunks, 2 squirrels, 1 skunk, and a few birds. Now I know where to send the chipmunks. Lizzie will love them. :-)

What a cutie – and of course she won’t rip apart the toy you bought for her, because it’s more fun to destroy Fuzz’s things.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better – and that you didn’t have swine flu!

3. Kate M says

What a cutie! The pics gave me a good laugh…next to the potty, it looks like she’s suffering after a wild night :)

4. Martha says

Ooh, I love all things cranberry! Glad you’re feeling better. Did you hear that Gesine Bullock-Prado (sister of Sandra Bullock) is opening a bakery in Austin. I just finished reading her book – “Confections of a Closet Master Baker”. It was interesting, but don’t buy it – check it out from the library.

5. Beth McKee says

I just have to share this upon seeing “Chippy”.
    That darling little stuffed animal that Lizzie has taken so kindly too caused quite the stir in my house.
    At the time I had an 85 lb Golden Retriever who had a favorite stuffy as we called it. And it was “Chippy” Well she took this stuffy to her “bed” each night and played with it each day. It was never far from her. Apparently my tiny 5lb. Maltese also grew fond of that toy and began stealing it from the Retrievers bed when she wasn’t looking.
    Of course we thought this was all kind of clever on the part of the Maltese as she was quite quick to grab and run up the stairs with it where the Retriever couldn’t go because she was too aged. Well one day she wasn’t quite quick enough and the raucous began they each had a bit of it in their mouths tugging away, snarling, growling and tugging. I
    had to go in the room separate them and take the toy away as if I was breaking up a fight between two siblings. It was such a funny sight. The Retriever passed this past year so when I saw these pics it brought back such sweet memories of our good ol girl.
    We still have the Maltese she is peppy as ever and has her own stuffy which is similar but is a smaller rabbit. She carries it all over the house like its her baby. I often wonder if she’s remembering the good ol days of teasing her older sister.

I felt the same way (a bit guilty) getting my own dog spayed, making such a big decision for her, even though I know it’s not the same as it is for humans.

As a child, I loved squirrels. But now, I must offer dear Lizzie–if she wants to take home any of the little live critters who leave peanuts, acorns and McDonald’s hamburger buns in my gutters, she’s more than happy to bring home a friend for Chippy.

7. Brenda says

Lizzie is very photogenic and has the sweetest facial expressions. And she obviously loves that stuffed animal. Too cute for words.

8. "BROWNIE" says

AHHHHHHHHH !!! I’M A “GOLDIE” AND HAVE NEVER HAD PUPPIES EITHER. MY MOMA GOT ME A STUFFED “LION” AND I CARRY IT AROUOND, TOO. I LIKE TO PLAY ROUGH WITH ALL MY OTHER ANIMALS, BUT NOT THIS ONE. GUESS WE ALL NEED SOMETHING TO CALL “OUR OWN” THANKS FOR SHARING. LOVE, BROWNIE

9. beth says

Santa came and left the very same Chippy in our dog, Daisy’s, stocking. Chippy is so stiff. It freaked me out so much I had to hide it.