Snickers Carmelitas

Adding Snickers to Carmelita bars really pumps up the flavor. Or at least I think so. I made the traditional version today, but threw in a handful of chopped Snickers. It was definitely a “use up the Halloween” candy tactic, but I’d do it again.

To make the Snickers version, follow the Carmelitas recipe from Pillsbury, but line the pan with non-stick foil and use chopped up Snickers bars for half of the chocolate chips. If you like your bars gooey, you can skip the chilling, but I recommend putting the cooled bars in the refrigerator for 4 hours before lifting from the pan and slicing. The bars firm up quite a bit and are easier to eat and serve.

Also, I apologize for the weird lighting in this week’s pictures. One of the bulbs in my light box lamp broke and I’ve had to improvise. None of my lighting experiments are working well.

carmelitas 002

Comments

Hmm, I wonder how many Snickers I could find around here–probably quite a few! (And I don’t think any of the boys really like them all that much!)

Looks fabulous! Anything with snickers is a winner around here. All I have is some old cap’n crunch…I wonder what I can throw that into…

3. Therese B. says

Oh crap!

I have eaten a my extra bag of Halloween Snickers!! Over time….sheesh

These look fabulous Anna. I can’t tell that the bulb was out. Great picture!

My mom would love these too! Raising 9 children she needed the extra
    energy. She would have 2 snickers bars most nights! And she still stayed
    slim. Who wouldn’t with 9 kids!!!

I think I have tould you these before, but a treat with the name carmelita just makes me smile! Lol! I love snickers and I can only imagine it will improve anything! Well, maybe not a steak…

I’d never heard of carmelitas before–I had to Google them on the Pillsbury site. They sound delicious and relatively healthy–I love oaty things. I’m not a huge Snickers fan, actually, but I bet they’d be fantastic with crushed Butterfingers.

You had me at Snickers! I’m always in awe of people who still have Halloween candy nearly a week after Halloween. We’re such pigs around here. What kind of light box do you have? I think I need to put a light box on my Christmas list.