Some Very Important Dates

Courtesy of Linda S. who found these in a professional baking magazine.

January 6 – Shortbread Day

July 9 – Sugar Cookie Day

July 20 – Fortune Cookie Day

September 21 – Pecan Cookie Day

October — Whole month is National Cookie Month

December 4 – National Cookie Day

December 23 – National Pfeffernusse Day

Comments

1. Louise says

Last year we missed some important baking occasions. We should put these in our personal calendars so it doesn’t happen again. :-)

2. Louise says

Dawn – There’s probably more than one professional baking magazine. Chocolatier and two other magazines morphed into http://www.dessertprofessional.com/ with a physical magazine. I’m still getting it as a result of my Chocolatier subscription which I can hardly wait to run out.

3. catlady says

My son the mathematician informs me that Pie Day is March 14. Pi =3.14=March 14. In Europe, where they put the day first, then the month, Pie Day is 22/7, or July 22.

Never knew there were that many dessert days. Thank you for posting it, I’ll be adding them to my calendar. I might not be able to make them on the day but will have to plan ahead and maybe eat them on the celebrated day. Thank you!

5. Linda says

Hi,
    Go to:
    sosland.com
    for a list of all their publications. This cookie holiday list is from one of their baking publications.

Yeah, where’s National It’s My Birthday day, I mean Bundt Cake day? ;)
    Wish I’d have known about shortbread cookie day in time to send my mom some. I have a feeling she wouldn’t mind it they came a little late!

Having a giveaway on my blog today!

7. CL says

This is wonderful! Now I have some cute holidays/reasons to send goodies to my nieces and nephews. :) I’ll be a bit late for Shortbread Day but I can send it with the Fig Newtons. :)