Some Very Important Dates

by on January 4, 2010 · 11 comments

Courtesy of Linda S. who found these in a professional baking magazine.

January 6 – Shortbread Day

September 21 – Pecan Cookie Day

October — Whole month is National Cookie Month

December 4 – National Cookie Day

December 23 – National Pfeffernusse Day

Published on January 4, 2010

Louise January 4, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Last year we missed some important baking occasions. We should put these in our personal calendars so it doesn’t happen again. :-)

dawn January 4, 2010 at 5:57 pm

is there really a professional baking magazine?

Louise January 4, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Dawn – There’s probably more than one professional baking magazine. Chocolatier and two other magazines morphed into http://www.dessertprofessional.com/ with a physical magazine. I’m still getting it as a result of my Chocolatier subscription which I can hardly wait to run out.

catlady January 4, 2010 at 7:34 pm

My son the mathematician informs me that Pie Day is March 14. Pi =3.14=March 14. In Europe, where they put the day first, then the month, Pie Day is 22/7, or July 22.

Farrah January 4, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Never knew there were that many dessert days. Thank you for posting it, I’ll be adding them to my calendar. I might not be able to make them on the day but will have to plan ahead and maybe eat them on the celebrated day. Thank you!

Sarah January 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm

These are cool! I can plan activites for my kids around these dates.
And Dec. 4 is my b-day!

Linda January 5, 2010 at 8:25 am

Hi,
Go to:
sosland.com
for a list of all their publications. This cookie holiday list is from one of their baking publications.

Mrsblocko January 5, 2010 at 8:25 am

I can’t believe Feb 5, world Nutella Day and Nov 15, National Bundt day,were not on the list!

Katrina January 5, 2010 at 8:55 am

Yeah, where’s National It’s My Birthday day, I mean Bundt Cake day? ;)
Wish I’d have known about shortbread cookie day in time to send my mom some. I have a feeling she wouldn’t mind it they came a little late!

Having a giveaway on my blog today!

CL January 7, 2010 at 1:43 pm

This is wonderful! Now I have some cute holidays/reasons to send goodies to my nieces and nephews. :) I’ll be a bit late for Shortbread Day but I can send it with the Fig Newtons. :)

CL January 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that June 6th is National Gingerbread Day. :)