Gee Your House Smells Delicious — More Gingerbread Biscotti

by on February 17, 2010 · 6 comments

Oh goodness. I’m feeling overwhelmed today, but I did make a second gingerbread biscotti recipe to place in the gingerbread biscotti lineup which will certainly come in handy around 8 months from now when normal people are thinking about gingerbread flavored things. As for me, I liked this better than the previous gingerbread biscotti. It was darker, crunchier (harder, actually – no oil), and had an interesting mix of flavors and textures with the pecans, apricots and orange. Not that the other was one dimensional. It wasn’t. I just liked this one better because it had more depth to it.

gingerbreadbiscotti

This recipe is on the Fine Cooking web site where you will also find other reviews.

Joe at Culinary in the Country also liked it. He managed to incorporate some whole wheat pastry flour, which was a smart addition.

Published on February 17, 2010

Fallon February 17, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Oh yum. Pecans and dried apricots in a gingerbread biscotti sounds like a good combo!

Lisa February 17, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Love the whole wheat pastry flour addition! I’m always looking for ways to sneak that in. Glad it worked in this recipe.

Shoshana February 17, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I also loved the mix of flavors in this cookie. I made them to send as Christmas presents and ended up making a second batch because I didn’t have enough left to send after all the “quality control” tasting.

Jen February 18, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I made these one Christmas and they were very popular. I wondered when you posted the last recipe if you had tried this one.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction February 18, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Yum! I really love all things gingerbread, so these sound great!

DPLK December 18, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Anna, these were awesome! I included them in my cookie tins this year, and they are a big hit already. It’s a great way to get the yummy gingerbread flavor in a recipe that’s easier to deal with than rolling and cutting shapes for the regular gingerbread cookies. No chilling time required!