My Favorite Bundt Cakes

by on November 15, 2010 · 11 comments

Somebody told me today was National Bundt Cake Day, so in honor of this grand occasion, here are a few of my all-time favorite (easy) Bundt cakes.

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake — This one sounds a little strange, but it’s incredible.  The apple flavor is pretty subtle.

applesauce chocolate chip cake

Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake — From Eating Well Magazine, this cake is slightly lower in fat but still very good.

chocolate pumpkin bundt cake

Chocolate Bundt Cake — One of my absolute favorites from Food & Wine.

chocolate bundt cake

Key Lime Bundt Cake with Margarita Icing — Not exactly Thanksgiving-ish, but very good!

key-lime-cake-margarita-icing

Chardonnay Cake – This one might come in handy after Thanksgiving when there are half open bottles of wine around.

Wine Cake

Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake — An old favorite based on a recipe by Cooks Illustrated

fathersdaybundtcakeforblog.jpg

And of course I’d have to add Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Bundt Cake from Cooking Light. This one’s lower in fat, but still good.

And finally, if you are more of a cake mix kind of person, my friend Taneka who moderates the Cake Mix Doctor forum told me that this cake is a huge hit with readers.

Mary K’s Never Ending Chocolate Bundt Cake — I still haven’t made this one since I’ve been focusing more on scratch cakes, but I do like good doctored cake mix cakes.  Maybe I’ll make it this week.  I could use a good chocolate cake right about now!

Published on November 15, 2010

vanillasugar November 15, 2010 at 10:16 am

that double chocolate one looks seriously decadent.

briarrose November 15, 2010 at 10:23 am

These look amazing…there are at least 3 I want to try. ;)

Scarletta November 15, 2010 at 10:55 am

Your sour cream and chocolate bundt cake looks delicious! Happy National Bundt Cake Day!

Louise November 15, 2010 at 11:02 am

My holiday source shows this — November 15 National Spicy Hermit Cookie Day!

Mara November 15, 2010 at 11:35 am

The applesauce chocolate chip bundt cake is one of my all-time favorites. I recently tried making it a bit more fall by substituting canned pumpkin puree for the applesauce and changing the spices around to be a bit more like pumpkin pie spice (still kept the black pepper though!) and it worked like a dream.

Katrina November 15, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Mary at http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/ will be so happy to see all these. She’s done a bundt a day for the last 30 days leading up to today. I’m making my third right now.

Randi November 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I used to be on The cake mix doctor forum years ago, but then I moved away from mixes. I made that never ending choc. cake and it was good. I just picked up a harvest bundt pan at Williams Sonoma. Its not like I need another pan, but it was on clearance for 9.99( from 34). Its a cornucopia. It has a recipe on it for a maple cake. I will probably make that for Thanksgiving.

Debbie November 15, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I love Bundt cakes and they are so simple to make too. I am going to try the key lime one. Looks and sounds delicious!!!

C L November 15, 2010 at 5:43 pm

These look and sound absolutely delicous! The applesauce cake and the Key Lime cake just might be taking a trip to the office…if they make it out of my house. LOL ;) The Chardonnay cake sounds intriguing. I might make a “test cake” and see how I like it, because it sounds like it might be something a little different to offer at Thanksgiving or New Year’s. Hmmm… :)

x3Baking November 15, 2010 at 6:41 pm

my favorites are the first 3 bundts that you made. They look so good. I plan to make bundt cakes soon because I have a mold that I used to use for regular cakes before I really knew what a bundt cake was. I’m actually quite surprised that the cake turned out alright when what I used was actually regular cake mix.

KAnn November 15, 2010 at 11:09 pm

How did I miss the Key Lime with Margarita icing?!