Chewy Drizzled Cinnamon Chip Cookies

‘Tis the season for Cinnamon Chips!

Or at at least at my house. I guess there are some places where you can buy them every day,  but my local grocery store starts carrying them around the holidays, at which point I stock up.  Cinnamon chips are a great way to add flavor and touch of richness.  If you can’t find them at any of your local grocery stores, you can order a 6-pack of Hershey’s brand off Amazon.  Also, King Arthur flour sells their own cinnamon chips, which I have yet to try.

Anyhow, I baked these last weekend so that Fuzz would have something to take to the school cookie drive  which was scheduled during a time I was out of town.   While I would have preferred to serve them fresh, I froze them for a few days and am hoping they taste just as good as they did before I left.  They are quite a unique cookie.   Melted cinnamon chips go into the batter, and more melted cinnamon chips go on top.  To keep the cookies chewy, they use a little corn syrup.  And for extra flavor and texture, the cookies get rolled in finely ground (or chopped) pecans.  These took a little more work than oatmeal cookies, but the family liked them and I hope the teachers do too.

Chewy Drizzled Cinnamon Chip Cookies

Cinnamon Chips

Comments

I love the idea of using cinnamon chips in lieu of a more traditional chocolate. A fun holiday twist on a classic favorite! Great recipe!

I’ve never had the Hershey’s cinnamon chips, but the cinnamon chips from KA Flour are great! If I can find the Hershey’s chips I’ll give them a try.

3. Louise says

Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips are good. So are their Vanilla Chips. I like to add the cinnamon chips to Snickerdoodles to kick up the cinnamon. And I like to make Orangecicle Cookies or Root Beer Float Cookies and add the vanilla chips. And, buying them in the grocery store beats having to order them. :-)

4. Krystle says

Those look delicious! I might have to go on a hunt for cinnamon chips so I can try them.

And I wanted to comment on another comment, Louise, Orangecicle and Root Beer Float cookies sound delicious as well! I may have to hunt a recipe for those down!

5. Linda says

Thank you for all of these cookies. We have a cookie swap tea that I am preparing for and I also give cookies as gifts at Christmas time. I can’t wait to make these and bite into them. I love cinnamon!

6. Amanda says

Cinnamon chips are readily available here too. I made a pumpkin cookie with cinnamon chips that is fabulous. These looks amazing, I LOVE the drizzle!