Cupcake Courier

Fuzz’s class had their Valentine’s bash today and boy do they know how to throw a party.

Along with eating healthy and unhealthy treats brought in my parents, they exchanged Valentines and played a game of Valentine’s Day family feud. I haven’t volunteered much this year, but was glad to be part of the action. Oh, and not just because I wanted to use my new Cupcake Courier. Really, not that.

cupcake courier

I saw this at Costco before the holidays and resisted the temptation to throw it in the basket since I wasn’t sure I’d use it enough to justify the $17.50.

A few weeks later, after volunteering to bring cupcakes to the Valentine’s Day party, I changed my tune and went to Costco specifically for the courier. Now I’m glad I did because a) I had a lot of fun filling it up with cupcakes and b) it’s so sturdy I was able to carry 36 cupcakes in one hand and another box of junk in the other.

cupcake courier

My only complaint about the product was they put a big sticker on the front and side and it took me a decade to scrape it all off. They should either sell these without the sticker or include a free bottle of Goo Gone.

If you live in Austin, Costco has the couriers set up by the front door. I’m not sure how long they’ll be there, but if you don’t find them at Costco, Amazon has them for about $35.00.

Owning one will make you want to bake cupcakes ALL THE TIME.

By the way, along with red velvet cupcakes I made these black bottom chocolate cheesecake cups.  I was in fourth grade when I first tried these, so it was fun introducing them to the kids.

chocolate cheesecake cups

Comments

wow! Now I want to buy one. I already have so many baking supplies I feel a bit guilty. Beautiful cupcakes. :) I love eating black bottom cupcakes.

2. Pam says

I have a couple of these and they are awesome!! If you take out the racks you can also use it for tall cakes :)

3. Louise says

I could use one of those too, but we’re without a Costco. Great looking cupcakes. Fuzz looks ready to par-ty. :-)

I have one of these and they are awesome!

I’m jealous that you can bring homemade goods to your daughter’s school. Everything at my daughter’s school has to be store bought. Where’s the fun in that?

I’m with mrsblocko and really annoyed, too. No homemade treats at the schools. Grrr. I guess we’ll just keep stuffing all the kiddos with hydrogenated oily, high fructose junk.
    Sorry, got off there.
    Love the carrier, cupcakes and Fuzz!

6. Jen says

It took me awhile to buy a cupcake holder because it seemed like such a one trick pony and one that would take up too much valuable room in my small apartment. However, I went with one that also doubles as a cake carrier and, believe me, when I have to transport cupcakes, nothing does the job better.

7. Louise says

Now I need to try the pb to remove sticker goo trick. I know the olive oil to remove pine tar trick. :-)

8. Rachel says

The last time I saw these in Costco I tossed one in the basket and it’s sitting in the corner of my guest room right now. I have no idea if/when I’ll ever use it, but I like the idea that I have one and it’s super cute on top of that (I got the blue one, too…the white one wasn’t nearly as fun).

And I totally want to make those black bottom cheesecake cups now! They look delicious.

9. Kate M says

I got one of these couriers years ago when they were hard to come by and much more expensive than at Costco. Even still, it’s been a great purchase. LOVE it!

10. C L says

I saw these recently at a Costco here in northern CA. Wanted to put one of these in the basket but Honeybun (aka husband) does not understand the necessity of it. Boooooo! LOL ;)

11. Jennifer says

I have four of them! Love them. You can also put a piece of styrofoam on the bottom and they are tall enough to carry cake pops.

oh how i’ve been wanting one of these! It’s been on my Amazon wish list forever now! I suppose i’ll have to splurge and buy it for myself!

Cool container! I don’t bake nearly as many cupcakes as you in a year, so I don’t think I would use it enough. But I love these kinds of things ! :)

I have that carrier and use it a lot! I love it but my other complaint about it is that the cups are too deep. Makes it hard to get finished cupcakes out without screwing up the frosting.