Cookie Madness Vacation

by on June 24, 2011 · 14 comments

We’re on vacation, Cookie Madness style!

It involves eating giant bagels…

…visiting grocery stores.

And eating cupcakes “for research purposes”.

If you haven’t guessed, we’re in NYC eating cupcakes, seeing shows and walking through museums.   We spent some time in CT as well, visiting family,
friends, and dropping in on the test kitchen at Taunton Press. I’ll tell you more about that later, but right now we’re mapping out a plan for the day.

Published on June 24, 2011

corinne June 24, 2011 at 7:10 am

It is super worth setting aside some time to go to Doughnut Plant! ( http://www.doughnutplant.com/ )
They have a really amazing strawberry doughnut, as well as a bunch of other great looking ones…

Lisa Huff @ Snappy Gourmet June 24, 2011 at 7:27 am

Love the big Crumbs bag on the bed!! So much good food in the area, so little time!!! :)

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray June 24, 2011 at 8:12 am

Ooooh, totally with Corinne on the trip to Doughnut Plant! Get the blackout cake donut. Or the creme brulee. Or the peanut butter and jelly. Mmm, now I want doughnuts…

Also, hitting up the food trucks is always fun if you feel like “roughing it” for lunch! :) Have fun!

Amy June 24, 2011 at 8:28 am

I had that same sampler pack from Crumbs last week! FC test kitchen?? Lucky girl!

vanillasugarblog June 24, 2011 at 8:59 am

ohhh have fun. vacation in nyc is the best. love and miss that place.
do share updates, photos, everything!

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen June 24, 2011 at 9:46 am

Love NYC! Go to the Peanut Butter & Co. cafe and Dylan’s Candy Bar :-)

Katrina June 24, 2011 at 10:40 am

Sounds like my kind of trip! Did you take Fuzz to that little tea shop yet that you were wanting to get her to–I can’t remember the name–Alice’s?

Angela FRS June 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm

That looks like my kind of vacation–cannot wait to hear about Fine Cooking!

Upstate NY Native June 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Wish I was there. I’m originally from waaay Upstate, but LOOOVE The City!

melissa June 24, 2011 at 6:31 pm

So great to see you guys!!!
Will def. make the white cake! :)

Sue June 24, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Sounds like my kind of trip too! And I also love the Crumbs on the bed. :-) Lots of research to do there! Good luck. ;-)

Gloria June 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Like the Fuzz vs Bagel shot. Can’t tell who won! Enjoy NYC. I just remember delis on Delancy street and Chinese restaurants under ground. Next time I go I’ll be looking for the bakeries! Hope the weather is great for you there!

Julie June 25, 2011 at 10:32 am

Have fun!!! I’m going on the same vacation next week: NYC for a couple days, then CT for a family wedding. I’m having so much fun planning my NYC itinerary, but there are just too many options and not enough time.

jessielou June 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Welcome to NYC! (I live in Brooklyn) There are so many great places to visit for food! Smorgasburg in Williamsburg on Saturday is amazing, William Greenburg for black and whites, Sugar Cafe for something sweet at any hour (it’s 24 hour) and you MUST visit 16 Handles for fro yo! Hope you have a great time!