Photos

by on September 17, 2011 · 12 comments

Hello from L.A.! It’s been a fun trip so far and I’ll post some more picures tomorrow morning. For now, here’s a photo of Nicole from Baking Bites. How do you like her car?

Okay,that’s not her car…at least not yet. But that is Nicole. She’ll be attending Fans in the Stands with me on Sunday.

As for tonight’s event, it was an Emmy reception featuring cupcake recipes developed in the Duncan Hines Kitchen. And they were fabulous! I’ll post links to all the recipes and more photos soon, but for now here are a few pictures from the event. Anyone look familiar?

Published on September 17, 2011

Lisa Huff @ Snappy Gourmet September 17, 2011 at 7:48 am

Love it! Looks and sounds like so much fun!!!!! Can’t wait to hear more about it!!

Louise September 17, 2011 at 8:19 am

I could love who ever drives that car, and my husband would understand. :-) The dessert display looks fabulous. Who are the other people in the photos?

Meredith @ The Little Bee September 17, 2011 at 11:07 am

The cupcake display looks beautiful! I recognize the girl who played the President’s daughter in the West Wing, she still looks so pretty– love her black top ;o)

Anna September 17, 2011 at 11:17 am

You guys are funny. I’ll add some more details and captions soon. I posted these very late in the evening (or early morning) when I was tired. But it was a great party and the cupcakes and brownies were a hit. I think what makes some of these winning cupcakes really special is the fillings. The chocolate lemon cupcakes had a lemon curd filling and the Mexican chocolate cupcakes had a chocolate filling. Elizabeth Moss was super nice, the little boy from Modern Family was a hoot — reminded me of Fuzz, and Guy Pearce from Memento/Mildred Pierce/ etc. seemed genuinely nice. I guess I need to get that photo up there. He was hoping for a brownie, but by the end of the evening they were all gone. Anyhow, it was fun seeing actors rewarded for their craft and being recognized by their peers.

Louise September 17, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Anna, I’m very serious about the Bugatti and it’s owner as the car costs well over $2 million. If he can afford that, I’m sure I’d love his house too. :-)

vanillasugarblog September 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Love it! All smiles and happy people. You go girl!

Gloria September 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm

You certainly lead a charmed life!!! Were you star-struck? That is a gorgeous cupcake display…I wonder if Cupcake Wars is submitting a display? I love Guy Pierce! The first time I saw him he played Detective Ed Exley in LA Confidential and then I saw him again in The Count of Monte Cristo..two excellent films….Can’t wait to see more pics!

kalie September 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Thats my car when I become a millionare ;) and great cupcake display

Katrina September 17, 2011 at 5:56 pm

If the car costs that much, I’m surprised it’s just parked on the street. ;)

How fun! THIS is the type of event I’d love. Eat it all up for me (and I don’t just mean cupcakes and brownies.)

The best is yet to come!

Emily September 17, 2011 at 8:21 pm

WOW!! You have to get a picture with Jon Hamm now!

beth September 18, 2011 at 6:25 am

I don’t know your dreams, but I’d venture to say you’ve made a lot of them come true. You must be over the moon because of all that you’ve accomplished! Dream On. ( Nod to Aerosmith)
beth

Randi September 25, 2011 at 10:57 pm

You were in LA and we didnt meet. That makes me sad.