Fires

by on September 6, 2011 · 11 comments

I just popped in to say thanks to everyone who has emailed or checked in on Facebook to see whether we’d been affected by the fire. The answer is no. We’re just watching the news and keeping everyone northwest and east of us in our thoughts. We did have a very bad fire in our area a few months and houses were lost, but it wasn’t anything like this.

If you are following the news, the Austin Statesman, is reporting on the fire and posting photos and information from readers.

Published on September 6, 2011

Gloria September 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I am so out of it! I’ve been preoccupied with my own issues and haven’t bothered to listen to the news lately. I am glad to hear you are not affected, but sorry for those who are. This country has had enough natural disasters for one year!

Sue September 6, 2011 at 3:57 pm

So glad to hear the fires aren’t near you. I’ll keep sending good thoughts your way, along with some wishes for rain! Thanks for the update.

Gloria September 6, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I just read more than 500 homes have been lost…I can’t and don’t want to imagine how much livestock and pets have been lost. Please let us know if there are any disaster funds to send $ to. I’m partial to the animals…..

vanillasugarblog September 6, 2011 at 7:55 pm

glad you are safe.
i was just going to email you, but came here first.
there is so much of everything going on on almost all corners of the US.
hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, and we just dodged a BIG bullet of a hurricane. and now there is another hurricane forming (maria) and they say it’s going to be bigger than katia. i’m so scared…..

Josie September 6, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Whew– thanks for the update, Anna. I was worried about you listening to NPR today. Sending thoughts of safety and rain.

Carole September 7, 2011 at 12:47 am

Glad your safe. Praying for those who have suffered any degree of loss

Martha in KS September 7, 2011 at 9:22 am

Glad you’re okay. I’m coming to Austin for vacation in October & am concerned about effects from the fire & drought. Already I’ve found that some of the gardens we were going to visit seem to have diminished displays. Still looking for restaurant recommendations if you have any.

Cindy B. September 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I just heard about the fires, glad you’re okay.

Joyce September 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm

So, glad to hear that you are safe and sound!

melissa September 14, 2011 at 11:37 am

I’m so out of it — I heard about the “Texas fires”, but I wasn’t registering that it was in Austin!
I’m glad you all are OK and they are not near you — or were not near you, as this was last week ….

Casey September 14, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I live near CHicago and we can still smell it…it REEKS!!!! but i do feel bad for people living in Minnesota, that’s supposedly where our smell is coming from.