Austin Bakes for Bastrop Today

by on October 1, 2011 · 7 comments

If you’re tooling around Austin today, make sure to stop at one of the Austin Bakes for Bastrop bake sales.  Here’s a list of all the cool places you can find a sale.

Community Renaissance Market, 6800 Westgate Boulevard, 78745
The Flying Saucer at The Triangle, 815 W. 47th Street, 78751
Foreign & Domestic, 306 E. 53rd Street, 78751
Hotel San Jose, 1316 South Congress Avenue, 78704
Old Settler’s Park, 3300 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock, 78665
Whole Foods Market Gateway, 9607 Research Boulevard #300, 78759
Whole Foods Market Lamar, 525 N. Lamar Boulevard, 78703

Cash and checks are accepted at all bake sale sites, and gifts may be made via the secure online giving page any time. All funds raised online and at the sale will go directly to The Austin Community Foundation’s Central Texas Wildfire Fund. Gifts made via check and through the secure online giving page are 100% tax deductible, and will be acknowledged with a tax receipt from the Austin Community Foundation.

Bake Sale

Fuzz and I dropped our goodies off this morning at the Community Renaissance Market, an old Albertson’s grocery store that has been converted into a big space housing art, antiques, general merchandise and food vendors.  There’s even a cute little restaurant/cafe called Native Nom Nom which occupies the space where the Albertson’s bakery used to be.  Or was it the deli?  I can’t remember because I only went to that place once or twice when it was an Albertson’s.  Anyway, the place is really neat and if you live in Austin it’s worth checking out even if there’s not a bake sale going on.

Here are a few more pictures from the sale. I love seeing how people set up display tables and package their goodies.

Bake Sale

Bake Sale

Bake Sale

Published on October 1, 2011

Holiday Baker Man October 1, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Love the “Elvis Granola”. Wish I was there to see the event!

Kat October 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm

As a resident of Bastrop, fire survivor and a long time follower of your blog, thanks for caring and supporting us!

Louise October 1, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Are those your cake pops? I hope everyone was really generous today.

Gloria October 1, 2011 at 7:23 pm

What goodies did you contribute? You live in a generous community. I’ve never heard of a bake sale in Minnesota..at least not recently since everyone is afraid someone will “spike” goodies… Oh well.

Anna October 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm

HBM, I am kicking myself for not buying a bag of the Elvis Granola,

Kat, thanks for your sweet comment.

Louise, cake pops were well represented, but I didn’t bake cake pops.

Gloria, I think the bake sale raised over $13,000! My contributions were some special peanut butter cookies, the peanut butter and another flavor of granola (not Elvis), some chocolate cherry cake like the one I made earlier this week, peanut butter & jelly bars and nut bars.

Sue October 1, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Gloria! Really? No bake sales? I wonder if it’s a metro thing? OTOH I know my daughter has made goodies for bake sales and she lives in the heart of the city.
Anna, what is Elvis granola?
I’m glad the bake sale was so successful!

Gloria October 2, 2011 at 11:19 am

Sue, I stand corrected…I just found this:
I’ve just never heard of something city wide like a Minneapolis bake sale..I’ll have to check it out to contribute and buy if they have it next year!