Happy Halloween!

by on October 31, 2011 · 9 comments

Happy Halloween from Cookie Madness!

And if you haven’t bought your Halloween candy, here’s a helpful article listing The 20 Best & Worst Halloween Candy. I was glad to see Kit Kats on the list.

Halloween Canyd

Published on October 31, 2011

Sue October 31, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Personally I LOVE Take 5 bars. Somehow I had the good sense not to buy any. The kids on my street go crazy for Skittles and Starburst. I started buying them with a neighbor kid in mind who is allergic to PB. I had no idea all the rest of the kids would be so crazy about them too.

Anna October 31, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Sue, I love Take 5 Bars too! Did you ever make the Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies? They’re a brownie version of Take 5 Bars.

Adam October 31, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I love Halloween, it’s my first one in my new home but I’m not really setup for it this year so I’m not dishing out candy. Next year though I plan to be the full candy bar guy, just like my mom has become (except you know… woman).
I was telling my coworkers this morning that I would give anything to be seven years old again tonight, it’s not the same now that I can buy my own candy :). And Canadian Halloweens mean an abundance of Coffee Crisps… and Canadian Smarties (better than M&Ms in my opinion :)) as well as the usual suspects :).

Sue October 31, 2011 at 1:34 pm

No, I’ve never made those. I’m guessing the reason I didn’t is because I don’t know what I’d do with the rest of the box of cereal? I might just have to get over that don’t you think!?

Louise October 31, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I don’t totally agree with the Best & Worst list, but then again, that’s why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream. I love handing out candy to the kids at Halloween and, hoping for a few leftovers, load up with stuff I like — Snickers, Butterfingers, PB Cups, KitKats, Skor, and Cherry Twizzlers. We had 10″ of snow on Saturday and have lots of downed trees, so it’s put a bit of a damper on Halloween this year.

Chewthefat October 31, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Thanks for reposting those brownies–my goodness, they do look decadent!

I have to admit that I’ve never been a fan of fruity Halloween candy–except when they were very much ‘in vogue’ as a ‘cool’ thing to bring to lunch, Skittles and Starbursts never had as much appeal to me as chocolate, although I did like candy corn. And I always considered Tootsie Rolls and Sweet Tarts to be like ‘candy lint’–to be consumed only when desperate, like when my stash was depleted and I and had been denied desert…

melissa November 1, 2011 at 9:01 am

That list pretty much mirrors Jamie’s and Denis’ tastes! lol. I only like the chocolates, and then usually only Reese’s, Snickers, Kisses, and M and Ms. I was surprised Kisses and M and Ms weren’t on the list!

These crazy (in a good way) people in our neighborhood had this Dean and Deluca style assortment on their stoop (in Brooklyn you go stoop to stoop — no ringing of doorbells — people stand outside to hand out candy, if they aren’t there, you know they don’t have any to give!)
They had a bin of bouncing balls for kids to choose with a candy. They had bins of all the good candy (like Kit Kats, Hershey’s, Snickers, etc.), and then huge bowls of gourmet kettle popcorn bags, an assortment of Lindor chocolate truffle balls, among other things. We were thinking: They are seriously going to be cleaned out in 20 minutes. lol

Gloria November 1, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I wish I could have gone trick or treating in Brooklyn, Melissa! I agree with the list, but Milky Way and 3 Musketeers were not on it and I LOVE those! Unfortunately I have 3 bags of candy left…and I don’t know where I bought it! I think it’s time for the freezer before it’s gone. Or maybe bake them into brownies…

sue November 2, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I always buy what I like and hope there are not many kids:)