Favorite Thanksgiving Pies

I don’t have a new recipe to post today because I’ve been obsessively baking a certain chocolate muffin over and over with variations; but since Thanksgiving is coming up, here are a few pie recipes I’ve been meaning to recommend.  Hope you like the nifty table.   Of all the pies listed, my favorites are the Perfect Chocolate Cream Pie, the Easy Coconut Cream and the White Chocolate Coconut Cream.

Marbled Pumpkin Pie

Coconut Cream Pie

Harry’s

Coconut Cream Pie

White Chocolate

Dawn's Apple Pie

Dawn’s Apple Pie

Comments

1. Katherine says

Thanks for the list Anna. The browned butter pecan pie will be on my Thanksgiving dessert table! It’s the best!!

The white chocolate coconut pie looks wonderful. I read the recipe and will have to try this soon. Thanks for posting these pies!

Thanks to your previous post on the chocolate cream pie, I’ve bought the ingredients to make it this Thanksgiving. In Brazil (where we usually live, but aren’t there now) they don’t have evaporated milk, so I’ve been making pumpkin pies for years with the condensed. It’s always a big hit.

4. nancy baggett says

These pies all look terrific. I know it’s boring, but I’m gonna make apple. And if there’s more time–ha!–maybe maple custard. Instead of pumpkin pie I already made a delish pumpkin bread (now in freezer) and some very cute iced pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies (very cute if I say so myself). I just posted about these as being nice “gifts from the kitchen,” which they actually will be soon. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Finally! I’m going to make a coconut cream pie for Thanksgiving. My husband will be forever grateful to you. I’m leaning towards the white chocolate version. How many hours in advance can I make it?

6. Marti says

I thought it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the pumpkin pie but I was tired of the same ole thing so I made the caramel pecan pumpkin cheesecake. I made 2 of them yesterday and when I pulled off the ring I was able to taste it. Talk about the best cheesecake I have ever had some of you people who can’t decide what to make should try it out.

7. shar says

Anna,
    Have you tried the “Perfect Pecan Pie” from America’s Test Kitchen? If you have, how would you rate it against your other favorite pecan pies?