Favorite Thanksgiving Pies

by on November 18, 2011 · 11 comments

I don’t have a new recipe to post today because I’ve been obsessively baking a certain chocolate muffin over and over with variations; but since Thanksgiving is coming up, here are a few pie recipes I’ve been meaning to recommend. ¬†Hope you like the nifty table. ¬† Of all the pies listed, my favorites are the Perfect Chocolate Cream Pie, the Easy Coconut Cream and the White Chocolate Coconut Cream.

Marbled Pumpkin Pie

Dawn's Apple Pie

Dawn's Apple Pie

Published on November 18, 2011

Erin November 18, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Great list of pies!

Katherine November 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Thanks for the list Anna. The browned butter pecan pie will be on my Thanksgiving dessert table! It’s the best!!

Debbie November 18, 2011 at 5:14 pm

The white chocolate coconut pie looks wonderful. I read the recipe and will have to try this soon. Thanks for posting these pies!

hopeinbrazil November 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Thanks to your previous post on the chocolate cream pie, I’ve bought the ingredients to make it this Thanksgiving. In Brazil (where we usually live, but aren’t there now) they don’t have evaporated milk, so I’ve been making pumpkin pies for years with the condensed. It’s always a big hit.

Gloria November 19, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Browned butter pecan pie is on my list too! Along with a no bake double-layer pumpkin cream cheese pie…

nancy baggett November 20, 2011 at 4:16 pm

These pies all look terrific. I know it’s boring, but I’m gonna make apple. And if there’s more time–ha!–maybe maple custard. Instead of pumpkin pie I already made a delish pumpkin bread (now in freezer) and some very cute iced pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies (very cute if I say so myself). I just posted about these as being nice “gifts from the kitchen,” which they actually will be soon. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Sue November 20, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Finally! I’m going to make a coconut cream pie for Thanksgiving. My husband will be forever grateful to you. I’m leaning towards the white chocolate version. How many hours in advance can I make it?

Anna November 21, 2011 at 7:57 am

Hey, there’s nothing boring about a good apple pie! The best one I ever made was Dawn’s apple pie. Other people liked it too, however, I’ve found that the crust has issues when you try to blind bake it and use it in other recipes. I do recommend the apple version, though.

Sue, you can make the white chocolate coconut version a full day in advance.

Marti November 21, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I thought it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the pumpkin pie but I was tired of the same ole thing so I made the caramel pecan pumpkin cheesecake. I made 2 of them yesterday and when I pulled off the ring I was able to taste it. Talk about the best cheesecake I have ever had some of you people who can’t decide what to make should try it out.

shar November 21, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Anna,
Have you tried the “Perfect Pecan Pie” from America’s Test Kitchen? If you have, how would you rate it against your other favorite pecan pies?

Anna November 22, 2011 at 7:34 am

Yes, that’s a good one! Here’s a link.