Last Minute Gift Idea, a Williams-Sonoma Embosser

by on December 20, 2012 · 8 comments

Sorry for posting this gift idea at the last minute, but my Williams-Sonoma Embosser just arrived today and I couldn’t recommend it without giving it test drive.

Williams Sonoma Embosser

I ordered it few weeks ago after remembering a friend telling me how she loved hers and how much fun she had putting gold seals on everything she baked.  At $39, it seemed pricey, but it’s the holidays and I figured I’d splurge. So this morning (instead of packing, which is what I should be doing), I spent some time baking cookies and smacking on seals.  My friend was right.  It’s fun! You just put a little gold sticker in, punch it, and it embosses whatever signature or saying you ordered.  Unfortunately, you can only do one emboss per machine.  I was going to do “From Anna’s Kitchen”, but I got “From the Ginsberg Kitchen” in case something happens to me.  I also bought a pack of 100 little labels so that I won’t have to worry about running out soon.

Embosser

This would make a great gift for any baker, including the baker who has everything.

Okay, now I’m off to make more seals!

Published on December 20, 2012

Darlene December 20, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Everything looks better with a gold seal on it! It reminds me of the coveted gold star the teacher would place at the top of your school work if you did an outstanding job.

Stephanie December 20, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Wow, EXCELLENT IDEA! Thank you!

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat December 20, 2012 at 3:24 pm

So cute! I want one!

Alton December 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Oh, Anna, I remember I have one of those. I had forgotten how much fun it is to use it. I haven’t used it in a long time because I just embossed recipes -now I will have to find some gold seals and put them on cookie bags!

Chewthefat December 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I love it! And I also totally get your morbid mentality about not wanting to render it useless if something happens to you–I often think that way myself. Enjoy your trip!

Katrina December 20, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Those look awesome. I’d love to have one of those. I’m tried of always hand writing labels. ;)

Jennifer J-W December 21, 2012 at 11:16 am

That is really cute and, just think, as Fuzz gets older and bakes more and more, it’s more general purpose than if it had your first name. (Because I refuse to think that anything bad is going to happen to you in the relatively near future!)

Sue December 21, 2012 at 11:53 am

Nice! That works well too if Fuzz wants to bake something for someone.