These bars are a little over the top, but if you like the idea of Magic Cookie Bars combined with cheesecake, they’re worth a try. I was going for really tall Magic Cookie Bars, so rather than just pour on the Eagle Brand to hold all the chips together, I mixed it with cream cheese, egg and vanilla to make a cheesecake batter that would bake into a cheesecake matrix.
The layer of Oreos added a little height and helped cut the sweetness, but you could probably swap them out for another type of cookie or even a layer of brownie. I’m still playing around with this recipe and making variations, but I’m sure you have your own ideas of what you could do with it!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2/3 of a can or 260 grams) of condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chips
- 1 cup or more miniature Oreos
- ½ cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 cups assorted chocolate chips and candies (I used chocolate, butterscotch and M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch square metal pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, flour and melted butter. Stir well. Press into pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let the crust cool completely.
- Mix the condensed milk and cream cheese together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Drizzle a thin layer of this cream cheese mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust, then sprinkle a layer of white chips evenly over cream cheese mixture. Arrange an even layer of mini Oreos over the white chips, then drizzle more cream cheese mixture over the Oreos.
- Mix together nuts and remaining chips/candy (set a big handful aside for garnish) and arrange over the Oreos. Pour a final layer of cream cheese mixture over the top, letting it kind of sink down into the cracks between the chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cream cheese mixture appears stable. It should still be soft, though. It will firm as it cools and chills, so don’t be tempted to keep baking it. Remove from oven and sprinkle M&Ms and/or more chips over the top to garnish. Let cool completely and chill until very cold and firm. Lift from pan and cut into big, thick squares.