Pillsbury’s New Fall Products and More Celebrations

by on September 22, 2013 · 12 comments

Happy First-Day-of-Fall! And if your household is anything like ours, things are starting to get busy. Work picks up, there are school meetings, teacher appreciations, sports events, and holiday festivities on the horizon. With fall celebrations in the works, it’s nice to know Pillsbury®‘s got us covered!

Caramel Apple Frosting

To celebrate the change of seasons, Pillsbury has a new line of fun fall flavors. Along with the current Perfectly Pumpkin Cookie Mix, they’ve created the following new products: a Caramel Apple Frosting, a Caramel Apple Cake Mix, Caramel Apple Cookie Mix, a Pumpkin Crème Cake Mix, and a “Perfectly Pumpkin” Cake Mix.

Fall Mixes

And what I really love is that the new fall products have recipes on the boxes so we can get creative and take the mixes to a whole new level. Case in point: this Pumpkin Brownie Pound Cake which combines the new Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix with a box of brownie mix to make a beautiful celebration-worthy dessert.

Pumpkin Brownie Pound Cake

Check the baking aisle for the new fall products, and let me know what you think. Or better yet, sound off on Pillsbury’s Facebook Page where you can voice your opinions, post pictures and keep on top of new product news.   Happy fall! And may all your upcoming fall celebrations be fantastic! (P.S. Pillsbury has a Pinterest page!)

Pumpkins

Disclosure: I was compensated for this review, but the opinions expressed are my own and the cake was delicious!

©/® The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license.

Published on September 22, 2013

Cheryl September 22, 2013 at 10:41 am

Compensated or not, I like being kept up to date on these new seasonal products! This line of Pillsbury Fall items really look great! Maybe I will drop the pumpkin pie and go for the Pumpkin Brownie Cake this Thanksgiving.

Anna September 22, 2013 at 11:15 am

Thanks Cheryl! I was lucky enough to get to do a review, but I also follow the Facebook page and keep track of all the brands I like. The fall mixes are pretty good, especially the caramel icing. It actually stays creamy, which is nice.

Here are two other recipes that use the mix. I think I’m going to try the Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars this week.

Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars

Praline Pumpkin Mini Cakes

Beth Gallagher September 22, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I love hearing of their new products! The photo looks delish, so I will be looking hard for the new mixes. Thanks!

Sue September 22, 2013 at 3:22 pm

The cake looks delicious and I’m glad you’re being compensated for the review. Salted caramel apple crisp bars sound delicious too.

Kim F September 23, 2013 at 9:30 am

Apple and pumpkin… you just can’t go wrong with either. I love autumn. I’ll be looking for these products at my grocery store. Thanks!

Debra @ A Frugal Friend September 23, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Oh my! Those look delicious! :-)

Holiday Baker Man September 23, 2013 at 1:35 pm

some new interesting products

shirley September 23, 2013 at 6:39 pm

These look good, Anna. I saw some of them in Wegmans when shopping on Friday – but swished on by. This morning (after reading your blog) I decided to look and maybe pick up one. Wow … that section had been over-run .. looked like a table that was having a 50% off sale! I am going to look closer at their site to decide which I’ll try. They did have some left… but!

Stef Mysel September 23, 2013 at 9:38 pm

@Shirley I totally miss Wegman’s they don’t have them here in Orange County (CA) but we have some places to pick up these mixes. One thing you can do too is mix them with other recipes, they’re quite versatile.

Nice work Anna!

Gina October 26, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hi!I am about to make the pumpkin-brownie pound cake. Instructions say that cake is first then top with brownie. It looks to me that the brownie goes in first….any thoughts?

Thanks

Anna October 26, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hi Gina,

I noticed that too. However, when I followed the directions as instructed, the brownie layer sank to the bottom (well, almost) of the Bundt, so when the cake was flipped out of the pan, the brownie that had sunk to the bottom became the top — or close to it.Mine didn’t look exactly like the box, but it was still pretty.

Gina October 26, 2013 at 11:29 am