More proof that good things come in small packages, today’s cookies are made with the sponsor of this post, DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises. They’re called “Christmas Chocolate Drops” and they are chocolate-intense! They’re like eating a Promise in cookie form, so they satisfy your cookie and chocolate cravings all at once.
And here’s an interesting factoid about DOVE® Dark Chocolate: It’s made with a patented process that gently handles chocolate, from bean to finished product to preserve more of the flavanols in the cocoa. I like to remind myself of this every time I’m enjoying a square (or in this case, a cookie).
Flavanols aside, I am pleased to see that Dove is promoting the use of their chocolate in recipes. It’s truly delicious straight out of the wrapper, but it also melts smoothly and adds a rich flavor to homemade chocolate desserts. I’ve been using it on and off in recipes for years, and even though it’s not typically described as “baking chocolate”, it most certainly can be.
This cookie recipe is from Dove’s collection, and you can find plenty others over on Bright Ideas, where along with recipes, they share hints and tips for what to do with candy. Fun! But for now I’m more than content with the Christmas Chocolate Drops which have garnered rave reviews from the neighbors. Try them! And if you have a chance, check out their Facebook page where you can find even more hints and recipes.
Share the Joy with Dove®. Go to BrightIdeas.com for recipes using DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and DOVE® Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Bar. Click. Create. Celebrate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mars®. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 bag of Dove Promises Dark Chocolate Chocolate**
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped nuts: such as walnuts,
- pecans or toasted almonds
- 2 cookie sheet pans
- Foil paper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the sheet pans with foil and set aside.
- Melt half of the DOVE®PROMISES ®Dark Chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile,roughly chop the remaining chocolate and set aside.
- To make the batter, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow, about 2 minutes.Stir in flour mixture and cooled chocolate and beat for 1 minute. Fold in the remaining chopped DOVE®PROMISES ®Dark Chocolate and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet pans.
- Makes 36 cookie