Monster Cookies are among my all-time favorites, but they’re huge and more suited for bake sales. These “Flourless Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies” (creative name, eh?) are the baby version of Monsters.
In fact, I would have called them “Baby Monsters” had I not wanted to emphasize the fact the cookies are made without flour and gluten-free. Gluten or no gluten, they’re good cookies and easy to throw together.
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups quick cooking gluten-free oats
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup Mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready two parchment or foil lined baking sheets.
- Beat the softened butter, peanut butter and both sugars until creamy. Add salt, vanilla, eggs and baking soda and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in oats, peanut butter chips and M&Ms (if using).
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to browln.
- Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack, then let cool completely.