|Crockpot Dump Cake....(!) |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 180 mins
Total time: 3 hours 5 mins
Cherry dump cake made in a slow cookier
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted if you have time
- Rub the slow cooker generously with some of the butter. Place pie filling in the slow cooker. Mix dry cake mix and remaining butter until crumbly, sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Serve warm in bowls.
To halve the recipe, use half can or more pie filling, 1 3/4 cup cake mix, 4 tablespoons butter and half the amount of nuts. Use this version for small model crockpots.
If you don't have a crockpot and want to make a small version, use the half version and bake it in a 9 inch deep dish glass pie plate or an 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cake mix is golden brown. And of course, you can also make the full version in a 13x9 inch cake pan. It's dump cake! Easiest recipe ever.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/09/crockpot-dump-cake/