|Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cupcakes |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Cupcakes made with Irish Cream
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour (5.5 oz) – substituting all purpose won’t work well
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz reduced fat cream (Neufchatel) cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 2 tablespoons beaten egg**
- 6 tablespoons Irish Cream (Bailey’s, Michael’s) or flavored coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (use more or less if desired) – mini chips are best
- 4 tablespoons butter (preferably salted), softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar – fluffed and lightly spooned into cup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 teaspoons Irish cream plus more as desired or needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. For best results, weigh the flour to make sure you’re using 5.5 oz.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until light and creamy. Add the eggs and beat on high speed 1 minute.
- With mixer on low, or by hand, add flour mixture and Irish Cream alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture;. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-33 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. The cupcakes with be very slightly browned on top. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cool and frost with frosting.
- Frosting: Mix together butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and a few teaspoons of Irish Cream. Increase mixing speed and beat until light and creamy, adding more Irish Cream if necessary. If icing tastes too sweet, use a little milk instead.
**If doubling the recipe, use 3 large eggs
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/02/irish-cream-chocolate-chip-cupcakes/