|A Big Batch Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Chocolate chip bars made in a 15x10 inch pan
- 8 oz regular salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (Spoon and level) -- (15 oz) -- weigh if you have scale
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 (12 oz) packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (220 grams) chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugars, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and blend in. Add chips and nuts. Spread in a greased 15x 10 inch baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bars appear set. Cool and cut into bars.
- For a half batch, use a 13x9 inch pan. My half batches always take about 20 minutes, but this will vary depending on your oven.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/02/a-big-batch-chocolate-chip-bar-recipe/