|Milk Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Crunch Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 300 mins
Total time: 5 hours 10 mins
Milk Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Crunch Cake
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (Hershey Bars)
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 6 cups softened peppermint ice cream
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Chocolate syrup
- Line inside of a 9 inch springform pan with non-stick foil or line with regular foil and spray foil generously with cooking spray.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted. Pour cereal into chocolate and stir to coat. Empty cereal mixture into greased, foil lined pan and press to make a crust. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spread softened peppermint ice cream evenly over the top. Freeze until it’s a bit more firm (about an hour), then spread whipped cream or whipped topping over ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for another 3 hours or more
- Grasp foil, lift from pan and set on a platter, peeling away foil. Garnish with chocolate syrup. Let pie sit for 15 minutes before cutting, then with a Chef’s knife, cut into wedges.
- Note: If you line the pan with non-stick or greased foil, you won’t actually take the sides off the pan, but around here springform pans have the highest sides (a little over 3 inches) and regular 9 inch pans are too shallow.
The cook time designated is not accurate and just accounts for the chill time.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/11/milk-chocolate-peppermint-ice-cream-crunch-cake/