Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
A delicious fall themed cake made with pumpkin and carrots.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I think I left it out)
- 1 can crushed pineapple -- (8 oz.) drained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with flour-added cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Combine milk and lemon juice in liquid measuring cup (mixture will appear curdled).
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, pineapple, carrots and milk mixture in large mixer bowl; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined. Stir in coconut and 1 cup nuts. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Combine 11 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup softened butter and 3 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons orange juice and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel; beat until combined.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/11/pumpkin-carrot-cake/