|Prize Winning Jumble Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Chocolate chip cookies made with Rice Krispies and dried cranberries.
- 1 1/4 cups (5.6 ounces) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds. Stir in the flour mixture; stir in the cereal, chocolate chips and dried cranberries just until mixed. If using, go ahead and add the pecans.
- Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet; bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- My yield was close to 4 dozen. If you use tablespoons rather than rounded teaspoonfuls, you’ll get close to 3 dozen.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/12/prize-winning-jumble-cookies/