Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
This is the original recipe for Amazing Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1 1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoon (180 grams) all purpose flour
- 4 ounces (114 grams) cold unsalted butter – unsalted European style works well
- 1/2 (.5 ml) teaspoon salt
- 1/4 (1 ml) teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (70 gram) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) brown sugar
- 1 hard boiled egg, shell removed
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla extract
- handful of chocolate chips
- Combine flour and butter in food processor. Pulse until mixture is mealy and coarse. Add the salt and baking soda and pulse to mix. Add both sugars and hard boiled egg. Pulse again until mixture is mealy looking. Add in the vanilla and pulse until mixture just begins to come together.
- Dump mixture into a bowl, add chocolate chips and shape into two balls. You will see egg whites in dough – they’ll disappear as the cookies bake.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until cookies appear lightly browned around edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to rack to finish cooling.
- Important: Let cool completely before serving. The texture gets better as the cookies cool. It’s even better if you cool the cookies, freeze them, then thaw them.
- Makes 4 big cookies
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/04/hard-boiled-egg-cookies/