|White Whole Wheat Flour Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies made with white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups (5.6 oz) white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (or your favorite flavor)
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside. With a wooden spoon, beat the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined. Stir in peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and peanuts. Using a level tablespoon, roll the dough into balls; place on ungreased baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft (they will look underdone). Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/05/whole-wheat-flour-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/