|One Bowl Chocolate Fiber Muffins |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
Total time: 27 mins
One Bowl Chocolate Fiber Muffins are dessert-like chocolate muffins with a bit of added fiber from bran cereal.
- 1 cup fiber cereal, crushed after measuring (Fiber One or All Bran)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk or 1 1/4 cup regular milk plus 4 teaspoons or vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (natural type, not Dutch or European style)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (such as Ultragrainor King Arthur) – 4.5 oz
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed cereal and buttermilk. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften cereal. Add oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla and stir until very well mixed. Stir in cocoa, baking soda and salt and (again) mix well.
- Add the flour and stir just until mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (I baked for 17).
- Let cool in muffin tin for about 2 minutes, then remove muffin cups from tin.
You can make these with Fiber One or All-Bran. If you don't have white whole wheat flour, you can make them with all-purpose or a mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/12/one-bowl-chocolate-fiber-muffins/