Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Pound cake with lemon and almond baked in a 9 inch round baking pan.
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided use
- 2 teaspoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup each - frozen unsweetened raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch round baking pan with t teaspoon butter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; set aside. Place almond and sugar in a blender or food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream remaining butter; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and lemon peel. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- For topping, in a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium low heat for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Sprinkle cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with berry topping.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/02/michaelas-almond-lemon-pound-cake/