|Easy Cream of Coconut Pie |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 180 mins
Total time: 3 hours 10 mins
A coconut cream pie made with canned cream of coconut
- 6 oz (from an 8.5 oz can) cream of coconut, Coco Lopez or Holland House
- 1/4 cup milk
- 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream (24 oz), you read that right
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- Pre-baked pie crust, 9 inch homemade or one of the Keebler ready-made crusts. There’s a new one out that’s 9 oz and it worked perfectly
- Prepare the crust if you haven’t done so and have it ready to be filled.
- In a big, microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream of coconut, milk and marshmallows. Stir it all together, coating the mallows with the cream of coconut mixture. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth. Put the whole bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour to thicken.
- After 1 hour, whip all the cream and set it aside. With a hand-held or stand mixer, beat the now-slightly-thicker coconut mixture for about a minute or until it’s lightened (it won’t be fluffy at this point). Fold in all the whipping cream, then fold in just 1 cup of the coconut. Pile it all in the pie crust and chill for 2-3 hours. In the meantime, toast the remaining coconut by laying it on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet and baking at 350 for about 8 minutes. Sprinkle cooled, toasted coconut over the pie.
Chill time is approximate.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/07/easy-cream-of-coconut-cream-pie/