|It’s 5:00 Somewhere — Brown Sugar Bourbon Pound Cake |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 80 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
Brown Sugar Bourbon Pound Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour or White Lily (380 grams)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (7.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (2.5 ml)
- 3/4 cup milk (180 ml)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (10 ml)
- 4 tablespoons bourbon (60 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed (298 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (99 grams)
- 2 sticks cup butter, softened (230 grams)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (66 grams)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey (30 ml)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 C). Spray a 12 cup capacity Bundt pan (or fluted tube pan) with flour-added cooking spray such as Baker's Joy.
- In one bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk, vanilla and Bourbon.
- In a mixing bowl, using high speed of an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each eggs.
- With a mixing spoon or lowest speed of mixer, add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour. When fully mixed, pour into pan.
- Place on center rack and bake for 60 to 80 minutes. The original recipe recipe said 80 minutes, but I used a dark pan and my cake was done in 60 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes, the carefully invert. Mix all glaze ingredients together. Using a pastry brush, brush all over cake.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/12/its-500-somewhere-brown-sugar-bourbon-pound-cake/