Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Louise’s Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoon flour (5.25 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips or chopped up bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate with hazelnuts added
- ¼ cup nuts (I used toasted walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Reduce the speed to medium-low, then add the Nutella and beat until smooth. Add the egg and beat until it’s mixed in, then add the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate pieces and, if desired, the nuts.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up heaps of dough and put them on the baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes or until cookies look set. Transfer the sheets to a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes. I actually like them best chilled, but maybe that’s because it’s 104 degrees and everything seems better chilled.
I'm not sure of the exact number of cookies yet.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/08/louises-nutella-cookies/