Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 32 mins
Total time: 42 mins
Small batch brownies baked in a loaf pan. This makes a very fudgy brownie.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted coarsely chopped or M&Ms or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. When it's almost full melted, add the chocolates. Reduce heat to low and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat the egg with a hand-held or stand mixer mixer for about a minute. With mixer going, gradually add the sugar and continue beating for about 5 minutes or until mixture reaches ribbon stage. Beat in the vanilla.
- With a heavy duty scraper, fold together the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and egg mixture, then stir in the flour.
- Pour batter into pan and spread to edges. Sprinkle walnuts or candy on top if desired.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then chill for about 2 hours. Lift from pan and cut into 8 rich squares.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/08/loaf-pan-brownies/