|All-Natural Oatmeal Banana Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
All-Natural Oatmeal Banana Cookies made without refined sugar
- 1/3 c. butter (I used salted)
- 3 ripe bananas, pureed in blender or well mashed
- 2 c. uncooked quick-cooking oats – important to use quick cooking. Old Fashioned probably tastes too “oat-y”
- 1/4 c. skim milk – I omitted this completely because my batter was plenty moist
- 1/2 c. raisins – or Craisins or chocolate chips
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe mixing bowl or in a large saucepan.
- Add all remaining ingredients, but watch the milk because you may not need all of it.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes, until oats are soft.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- For each cookie, spoon out about 1 T. of dough and drop it onto the greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 1 minute.
- Move the cookies to wire racks or a towel to cool.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/01/1392/