|All-Natural Oatmeal Banana Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
All-Natural Oatmeal Banana Cookies made without refined sugar
- 1/3 c. butter (I used salted)
- 3 ripe bananas, pureed in blender or well mashed
- 2 c. uncooked quick-cooking oats – important to use quick cooking. Old Fashioned probably tastes too “oat-y”
- 1/4 c. skim milk – I omitted this completely because my batter was plenty moist
- 1/2 c. raisins – or Craisins or chocolate chips
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter or margarine in a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, but watch the milk because you may not need all of it.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes, until oats are wet.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with nonstick foil.
- For each cookie, spoon out about 1 T. of dough and drop it onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 1 minute.
- Move the cookies to wire racks or a towel to cool.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies Yield: 15 servings
- Per serving: 110 calories (40% from fat), 4.5 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 35 mg. sodium, 17 g. total carbohydrate (2 g. dietary fiber, 7 g. sugar) 2 g. protein.
- Recipe courtesy of U.S. Department of Agriculture
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/01/1392/