|Peanut Butter Cookie Granola |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 32 mins
An easy granola recipe made with packaged peanut butter cookie dough.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated peanut butter cookies, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mixed cashews and macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup candy coated chocolates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips or Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°F. rub two large rimmed baking sheets lightly with oil or line with non-stick foil.
- In large bowl, mix cookie dough and cinnamon. Add oats, coconut and cinnamon; knead into dough until well blended. Add the nuts. Crumble mixture evenly on cookie sheets.
- Bake both cookie sheets at the same time 17 to 22 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes and rotating cookie sheets halfway through baking, until light golden brown. Cool completely on cookie sheets, about 30 minutes. Break granola into smaller pieces if necessary (I didn't) and toss it with the dried fruit and candy.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/09/peanut-butter-cookie-granola/