Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons cake flour (1 1/4 oz)
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 3/4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs (weigh to make sure there are 6 oz)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 oz chocolate chips or chunks
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together cake flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine both chocolates and the butter. Melt on 50% power stirring at 30 second intervals. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of as stand mixer or with a hand-held electric mixer, beat the eggs until light. Beat in the sugar and the vanilla. Beat in the melted chocolate. With a mixing spoon, add the flour mixture and stir just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- At this point the batter is fairly loose and more like cake batter. Chill batter for about 1 hour to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- With a quarter cup measure, scoop out large mounds (2 oz each) of dough and arrange on the baking sheets spacing 2 ½ inches apart; bake for 12 minutes or until tops are cracked. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough to make 18 large cookies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/10/chocolate-mudslides/