Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 38 mins
Total time: 48 mins
Cheesecake for Two is basic New York style cheesecake baked in a small loaf pan. Lining the pan with nonstick foil lets you lift the cheesecake right out and cut it into two neat squares.
- 3 rounds ready-to bake sugar cookie dough or 6 crushed graham crackers mixed with 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 3/4 oz cream cheese (192 grams) -- softened
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar (41 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (7 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla (7 ml)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (1.25 ml)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line inside of a 3x5 1/2 inch petite loaf pan with non-stick foil.
- If using store-bought cookie dough rounds, press them into bottom of lined pan and bake for 15 minutes. If using graham cracker/butter mixture, press into pan but don’t bake.
- In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Add egg and egg yolk and stir until well mixed. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this mixture over crust and place loaf pan into a larger square pan. Pour very warm water into the square pan so that it comes about halfway up sides of loaf pan. Bake on center rack of oven for about 38 minutes. While cheesecake bakes, mix together sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread this mixture over top of cheesecake and return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Lift small pan from water and let cool on a cooling rack for about an hour. Transfer to refrigerator to chill for at least 3 or 4 hours.
- Before serving, grasp foil and lift little cheesecake from loaf pan. Slice in half and plate.
- Makes 2 servings (1 petite loaf pan) Each person gets half
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/01/cheesecake-for-two/