|Hell Fire Pepper Jelly Peanut Butter Sandwiches and Giveaway |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A peanut butter sandwich cookie with a hot and spicy kick.
- 1/2 cup regular or butter flavored shortening (I used butter flavored)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy okay)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) all-purpose flour
- Some Hell Fire Pepper Jelly
- Extra peanut butter for filling sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 325F and have ready a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- With an electric mixer, beat the shortening, salt, baking soda and peanut butter together. Beat in both of the sugars and the vanilla. Beat in the egg.
- By hand or using the lowest speed of the mixer, stir in the flour. Using a rounded ½ teaspoon measure, scoop up dough and shape into small balls. Arrange the small balls on the baking sheet spacing about 1 1 ½ cinches apart. Using a damp fork, press the balls down and make criss-crosses. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until edges are brown and cookies appear done. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are completely cool, sandwich a little peanut butter and some Hell Fire Pepper Jelly between two cookies. Repeat until you’ve made about 45 or 50 little sandwiches.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/10/hell-fire-pepper-jelly-peanut-butter-sandwich-cookies-and-giveaway/