Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Brownie recipe with a graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 (19.8 oz.) pkg. fudge brownie mix – prepare for a 9 inch square pan
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 F (or use whatever setting your mix states – I used Ghirardelli brand brownie mix and the directions stated 325).
- Line a 9 inch square metal pan with foil and spray with flour-added cooking spray (or just use non-stick foil).
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well. Press mixture into a greased 9-inch square pan. Set aside. In the same mixing bowl combine the brownie mix, hot water, oil, and egg; mix with a wooden spoon until blended, then carefully spoon over crumb mixture. Bake at 325 for 40 minutes. Cool completely, then chill briefly. Lift foil from pan and cut into large squares.
For larger bake-sale quality brownies, trim the rough edges and cut into 9 large squares
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/10/crunch-crust-brownies/