|Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
Total time: 29 mins
Miniature peanut butter cookies with toffee and chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening (I used butter flavored Crisco)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy okay)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toffee chips (such as Heath bits or Skor bits)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and have ready a couple of large, ungreased baking sheets.
- With an electric mixer, beat the shortening, salt, baking soda and peanut butter together. Beat in both of the sugars and the vanilla. Beat in the egg.
- By hand or using the lowest speed of the mixer, stir in the flour, and then stir in the chips and toffee bits. With a very well rounded (slightly heaping) 1/4 teaspoon measure, scoop up dough and shape into small tightly packed balls. Arrange the small balls on the baking sheet about 20 to a sheet and bake on center rack for 12-14 minutes or until cookies appear done and slightly brown on the edges. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You should get about 100 cookies, but possibly fewer if you make your cookies larger. Also, watch the cook-time closely as ovens vary.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/10/mini-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-toffee-cookies/