|Mini Chocolate Nutella Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Miniature chocolate cookies made with Nutella
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened Dutch style cocoa powder or Hershey's Dark (which is Dutch)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt plus a tiny pinch (omit if using salted butter)
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature or 4 tablespoons (48 grams) butter flavored shortening
- 4 tablespoons Nutella (74 grams)
- 6 tablespoons (74 grams) granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup (70 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt (if using) in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat butter, Nutella and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. By hand, stir in the flour mixture. When flour is incorporated, stir in the chips and nuts (if using). Using an even, packed 1/2 teaspoon, shape the dough into small balls and arrange about 20 to a sheet on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with Halloween sprinkles if using.
- Bake for 12 minutes, but keep an eye on them. My cookies always take 12 minutes, but ovens vary. Plus it's hard to tell when these guys are done because they're so dark.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/10/mini-chocolate-nutella-cookies/