|Baked Spiced Tortilla Chips |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
Baked Spiced Tortilla Chips
- 4-6 flour tortillas (we used 4 8-inch)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch or two of salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Brush the butter over the tortillas as evenly as possible – we didn’t use all of the butter for the flour large tortillas, but if you are using 6 tortillas, you might need more butter.
- Mix the cheese, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the tortillas. With a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 triangles. Arrange the triangles on the baking sheet. Bake on center rack for 8 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly brown on the edges. Let cool. Makes 32 (if using large flour tortillas).
- Here's a bonus picture. I snapped this picture of Fuzz when she wasn't looking. This was taken last week while she made brownies, which she insisted had to be from scratch.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/10/baked-spice-tortilla-chips/