|Cashew Butterscotch Crispies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Crispy sweet and salty cookies
- 1 1/3 cups (6 oz) Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup light tasting olive oil (not extra virgin) or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted or very lightly salted cashew pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Have ready two ungreased baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand held electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until well mixed. Gradually add the oil and beat for another minute, scraping sides of bowl often. Add the egg and continue beating on high for about a minute, and then beat in the vanilla. With a large mixing spoon, gradually add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Stir in the butterscotch chips and cashews
- Scoop up dough in packed, level tablespoons and shape into balls. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 ½ inches apart, and bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to brown and appear set. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool. Let cookies cool completely before serving (they crisp as they cool).
- Makes about 28 cookies
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/11/have-a-grain-holiday-crunchy-cashew-butterscotch-cookies/