|Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
Total time: 24 mins
Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies (Adapted from KA Cookie Companion) is one of my all-time favorite peanut butter cookie recipes. The volume measurements are fine, but for best results use the weights.
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar -- (8 oz)
- 1 cup sugar -- (7 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter -- (11 7/8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 2/3 cup sall-purpose flour -- (11 1/4 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dry roasted salted peanuts -- (6 1/4 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter chips or chocolate chips -- (8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Beat butter, sugars, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together with an electric mixer.. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour, nuts, and chips.
- Drop by generously tablespoon onto prepared sheets (or follow method in notes).
- Bake for 14 minutes, until set and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on pan 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
For thicker cookies, prepare the dough as directed, but shape the dough into 36 balls, put the dough on foil lined plates or a tray that can fit in the refrigerator.
Chill the dough for several hours. When the dough balls are firm, arrange dough balls a few inches apart on parchment or foil lined baking sheets and bake for 14 minutes or until fully baked.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/01/triple-play-peanut-butter-cookies/