Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This is a delicious pesto made with basil and walnuts instead of the usual pine nuts.
- 2 cups packed basil leaves (2 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus a little more if needed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- Chop the basil and garlic in a mini food processor.
- Gradually add ½ cup of the oil.
- Add the walnuts, Parmesan cheese, salt, lemon juice and honey and process until mixed.
- At this point, my pesto is sometimes a little too thick for my tastes so I add more oil. You can add more oil or leave it as is. Taste as you go. Adjust the salt if needed.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/11/fisher-freshness-seal-bag-review-and-walnut-pesto-recipe/