|Toasted Almond Cantuccini |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
An easy version of an Italian classic.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16.5 oz) package Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 oz white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a dry, skillet, cook the almonds over medium heat, stirring often, just until they start to brown. Remove from skillet and let cool.
- Crumble cookie dough in a large mixing bowl. Add the almond extract, flour, and almonds to the cookie dough and stir until mixed.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two rectangles about 11x2 inches each. With a spatula, transfer the rectangles to the baking sheet, spacing them about 5 inches apart.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Carefully transfer warm rectangles to a cutting board and slice (no need to let them cool), slightly on the diagonal, about 3/4 inch thick. Carefully stand the cut cookies on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet.
-- I found it easier to cut this cantuccini straight up and down rather than with a sawing motion.
--The cookies are delicate, so be careful transferring them back to the pan
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2011/11/toasted-almond-cantuccini/